Eyelash Extension Aftercare Information: The eyelash cycle is approximately four to twelve weeks. Do not be alarmed if some of your lashes fall out quickly (they most likely were at the end of their cycle). The majority of extensions will stay through a complete cycle if you follow these guidelines:
- Your new extensions cannot get wet for a minimum of four hours; 48 hours would be ideal to allow the adhesive to set. A dry washcloth can be rolled up and placed over your brows when you shower to protect your extensions from becoming totally saturated.
- The wonderful thing about eyelash extensions is that they do not need mascara. If you must, apply mascara to the tips only. Do not use waterproof mascara as this is hard to remove. Most brands of mascara contain chemical properties and oils that will break down the adhesive. Removing mascara from your lashes can cause the extensions to fall off prematurely as well.
- Take special care around the eye area when cleansing your face. Gently cleanse the eye area and do not scrub or rub your eyes. Avoid any type of oil-based product around the eyes. Again, the oils will break down the adhesive and cause the extensions to fall off.
- Never use a clamp-style eyelash curler on your extensions. This can permanently damage not only the extensions, but your natural eyelashes as well. Eyelash combs are great for grooming your lashes every morning.
- By avoiding extreme heat, humidity, and cold weather (i.e. – hot showers, saunas, zero degree weather), your extensions can last longer. Do your best to not sleep with your extensions pressed into the pillow.
- Be sure to schedule a NaturaLash™ Re-Beautify appointment every 2 to 4 weeks for timely touch-ups. This will keep your lashes looking full and natural, indefinitely. After 6 weeks without touch-ups, a new set will be needed.
- Do not pull on your extensions. Do not attempt to remove the extensions yourself. Have them removed by your professional NaturaLash™ Stylist.
- Contact your Certified NaturaLash™ Stylist with any questions or concerns.
Enjoy your new lashes!